1. What services are available?
We offer all the services of a traditional bike shop - tune-ups, repairs, and other standard fixes, plus bike rental services!
2. What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept credit/debit card and Rambler Bucks only.
3. Why bring my bike to ChainLinks?
ChainLinks is one of the student-run businesses under the Loyola Limited umbrella. Not only are our prices competitive, but our service is as well! Drop by to support an inclusive and groundbreaking local business.
4. How do rentals work?
You can submit an online rental request here or fill out the form in-shop. Once we receive your information, we’ll get you outfitted with a Specialized bike sized just for you.
- We also provide complimentary add ons: a Kryptonite U-lock, a helmet, and lights!
5. What is the cost of renting a bike if I'm not a student?
- Hourly rentals: $9/hour
- Daily rentals: $36/day
- Weekly rentals: $65/week
- Monthly rentals: $145
- Summer rentals: $220
6. Something’s wrong with my bike but I’m not sure what. What can I do?
Hey, no worries! Stop in and describe the problem as best you can. Our trained mechanics will take down your information and look over your bike. We will contact you to get your approval before we start work. You will receive another call once your bike is prepped and ready to go!
7. Do you sell bike parts?
We always keep certain essentials in shop, like lube and tubes. If you need a specific part, we order from QBP, the world’s largest and most reliable retailer. When it arrives, we’ll install it for you.
8. How much is a tune-up?
Tune-ups generally range from $55-75 before tax, depending on what you need done. A complete overhaul is $190. Our trained mechanics will look over your bike and contact you for approval with the specific adjustments we recommend and customized cost.
9. How much are common repairs?
- Brake adjustments: $10 each
- Derailleur adjustments: $10 each
- Single tube replacement: $7 labor + $8 parts
10. What are the deals and discounts available?
If you are currently a student, you will receive rental services at a discounted price. If you are a Loyola student, you get an extra discount! More deals are provided only in-shop.
11. How soon will I know what needs to be done on my bike?
The time period between drop-off and our call for your approval depends on the number of bikes currently in shop and the schedules of our mechanics. We typically call you within 1-5 business days.